6.10.2009

Stroller Strides


Evan & I went to Stroller Strides this morning. It was really fun. It was the grand opening AKA the free class, so there were 40+ moms and their children there.

First, we registered and met a few moms and went on the playground for a little bit.
Then, we got in a circle and did a little warm-up. Then we did a Green Light, Red Light exercise. The babies were across the field from the mommies in their strollers and we did a high knees and a shuffle to the other side. The winner got a tee-shirt. I won the shuffle round, so I got a free tee-shirt! : )
Then, we started our power-walk. There is a really nice trail at Pioneer Park. We stopped a few times along the way for a "station" exercise. There were various types and we each had a piece of tubing for resistance. There was also a short jog on the way for those who wanted to do it. I did it! : )

When we got back, we picked names for the raffle. I won the biggest prize! I couldn't believe it! I won a free unlimited month of yoga at Innerfire Yoga and a really cute pink yoga mat (I already have a blue one, but now I have two!). Evan was asleep at this point (he was DONE), but they had lots of toys and stuff for the kids to do, which he would have had a great time with, but I wasn't going to wake him for toys.

Then, we went back to the pavilion at the park and I got my prize and the membership table was there. There were also a lot of snacks and drinks and a demonstration from Kindermusik. The Kindermusik lady was REALLY weird, but the babies all liked the music aspect of it.

We had to sign the lease on our new apartment, so we had to get going. Overall, it was a great experience and I hope that I can go back for at least a few more classes this summer!

1 comment:

Jo said...

I am glad that the two of you got to get out and have some fun! The woman in the picture (behind you) looks like the infamous Kate (from Jon and Kate Plus 8)!
Congratulations on your wins! Love you guys, Grandma Jo